Friday favorites - toys
Finding toys that I felt were safe for our littles, and that we could also afford has been a pretty rough task. There are many great companies out there, sadly many closed shop after a short while. But over the last long time I have managed to find several places I trust to get things for our babes.
1. Melissa and Doug. I first thought I had hit the jackpot with this brand, they seemed to be fair priced, safe and have many options. They I was super sad when I read that there had been found lead in their products. We choose to test for ourselves and all our Melissa and Doug toys were fine. No lead! So far we have been happy with all the toys we have gotten from them.
2. Hazel village. Oh I feel in love with these dolls when I saw them. So cute and vintage feel dolls and animals. Made from safe materials, and at an okay price. Only downside is their dolls are on the smaller side.
3. Cuddle + kind. As soon as I read about this company I knew I wanted to support them. One doll gives 10 meals to children in need. And it's fair trade, so I ordered as soon as we had the money. Their dolls come in two sizes. And let me tell you the big doll is a huge hit with our daughter, she normally isn't a fan of dolls, because the likes to carry heavier things, and this doll is just perfect. They are so cute and I actually hope to get more from them, either as a gift or just more for our kiddos. They also sell prints with motivational quotes from each of the dolls. Those prints gives 5 meals. So charity, fair trade and cute dolls. Yes please.
4. Lamaze. We really love our toys from them, and they have held up with a lot of abuse so far. I also like that each toy often serve a few purposes.
5. HatchlingCo. Activity gym! This is so gorgeous and safe for baby to chew on, it comes with 3 teething / play strings and a teething ring. You can choose different color combos.
6. Bannor toys. These wooden toys are so gorgeous, made so little can safely chew on them and play with them, and they come in so many different styles and sizes. We have a rattle, and a limited edition key set from them and I love it. They have these super cute state rattles that I can't wait to get, and bonus you can get them personalized
7. Misc. When we were in Denmark last year we also picked up some brands there, and I plan to get a few more there, as the standards for what they consider safe for children are higher than here. I hope I can find places where these can be purchased in the states.
8. Crocodile Creek - I found them at whole foods toy section, and I was so happy since we had been on the lookout for safe balls for our girl. I looked them up while i was in the store to check out info about the brand and make sure they were at the standards I have for toys and i was very pleased. I love the ball we have and hope to get another in a different shape soon.
3 sprouts. They have such a great variety of sizes and styles, we will for sure be getting more. For our daughter they even double as toys sometime.
What are some of your favorite non toxic toy brands?
Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.